Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My First Indie Make Up Order - Geek Chic Cosmetics

I broke down and ordered some indie eyeshadows and a lipstick from Geek Chic Cosmetics recently. I have long lurked the Etsy shops and Instagrams of several indie brands, but have resisted ordering until I came across 2 collections on Geek Chic. One based on The Walking Dead and another based on Star Trek. I also ordered a single from the Doctor Who themed collection. I am a total lipstick junkie, so added one "Joystick" to the order as well.


My favorites so far are definitely "Stay in the House Carl" and "He's Korean" from This Is Not A Democracy and "Naked Wedding" and "Blood Wine" from To Go Boldly.

Please excuse the quickie swatches...I was impatient to see these. All swatches are on bare skin.


This Is Not A Democracy. L to R We're All Infected, Clementine Will Remember, Stay In The House Carl, He's Korean, I Ain't A Judas, You Best Pray I'm Dead.


L to R Timey Wimey We Are Coming which has some lovely blue sparkles that are not showing up here :( To Go Boldly Sleeping Bucket, Blood Wine, Continuum, Mind Meld, Naked Wedding, Galactically Banned Ale. The last swatch is Joystick in Farplane.


The shadows are very pigmented and smooth. From a quick test they blend easily. I LOVED the color of the lipstick, and while it is a tiny bit more balm -like than my usual lipsticks, I will definitely put this one in regular rotation. It smells like vanilla - I love that, but you have been warned:) The website is user friendly and everything arrived in a nice package and in a timely fashion. I love that too. 

Overall my first indie purchase was very promising and I look forward to receiving some mail from Portland Black Lipstick Company shortly...

To check out these and other collections visit Geek Chic Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment